Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Writing

I've really been struggling with writing. It is almost like when I was trying to write my dissertation. I am very, very good at taking care of lots of other things before writing, and then not having time to write. So, I'm going to attempt the same solution that allowed me to finish my dissertation - write every day. There will be some really crappy blog posts, but hopefully, there will be some good ones in here too!

One of my distractions lately has been taking online classes. I've just finished one called "Learning How to Learn" which is excellent. I am excited to use this information to help students when I teach again. One of the main ideas is how to avoid procrastination, make a habit, and do a little each day. It is really easy to read this and to think about how to present it to students, but can I take it to heart?

No comments:

Post a Comment